Saturday 20 August 2011

Still not packed Yikes


It’s 8pm the day before our journey begins.  I can't believe that in 13 hours I will be boarding a plane and in 25 hours I will be touching down in Peru.  It still hasn't hit me yet, probably because I have laundry in the washer and my dining room table is covered in items to take with me.   The last 3 weeks have passed in such a blur I can’t believe how close I am to starting this adventure. 
I’m taking 10 minutes now to reflect on how thankful I am for this opportunity.  When I started at Inspire last November, I remember how excited I was to start working for an organization that makes a difference every day. I’m in awe that I have the opportunity to see firsthand just what that difference is.  I think part of the reason I haven’t really taken a moment to reflect before, is that I’m so overwhelmingly grateful that Inspire and Plan want me to have this experience.  This is the biggest adventure I’ve ever undertaken and now I just can’t wait for it to begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment